Sunday, January 26, 2014

veggie love

Here are my 5 tips for making vegetables tasty (and not hate eating them).
1. roast them.
Roasting vegetables is hands down my favorite way to cook them. 
Here’s a great guide to roasting vegetables:
My favorite roasted vegetable is definitely butternut squash with a bit of salt and cinnamon. It gets all caramelized and sweet!
2. add avocado.
I love adding avocado to just about everything. It adds great flavor, a buttery texture, and healthy fats. I actually prefer avocado over salad dressing – if you use a really ripe avocado you can mash it up into a “guacamole dressing” of sorts.
3. add butter.
Butter seems to have gotten a really bad rep, but I’m a huge fan of it. First of all, just a little bit of butter goes a LONG way and can add incredible flavor to vegetables. Secondly, I fall in the camp that believes saturated fat is not bad for you. Not to mention that fat helps your body absorb nutrients, and you want to get the most out of those veggies, right?
4. “pizza-fied.”
One of my favorite ways to enjoy vegetables is to PIZZAFY them. Simply add:
* marinara sauce
* Italian seasoning
* parmesan cheese

This works especially well with steamed greens, roasted broccoli, brussels sprouts, and spaghetti squash. Obviously this is no replacement for real pizza, but it’s still delicious!

5. in soup.
Most soups already have vegetables in them, but I like to take it up a notch by adding my favorite greens (spinach or kale) in the mix. I actually prefer chunky over thin/watery soup, so extra vegetables help bulk it up while adding nutrients at the same time.
**********
What’s your favorite way to eat vegetables?

courtesy of girlmeetslife.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment